MENU
      component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01

      Heat lamp fire destroys Burbank home

      BURBANK, Wash. - Heat lamps used to warm a Burbank home may be to blame for starting a fire. The lamps were on the back porch.

      No one was hurt. Officials say the cold caused the fire on Ray Street to burn longer than normal.

      "It's actually a burden, dealing with frozen temperatures, squirting water, you're going to get the freezing issues with the water, slipping hazards, so it causes a real safety factor for the fire fighters that are dealing with this," said Walla Walla Fire Chief Mike Wickstrom.

      Smoke damage alone made the home a total loss.
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER