Officers: Lit cigarette likely caused brush fire
KENNEWICK, Wash. - Firefighters believe a lit cigarette caused a small brush fire Wednesday.
Officers from the Kennewick Police Department (KPD) and Kennewick firefighters went to the 12000 block of W Clearwater Avenue, just east of Leslie Drive to extinguish an outdoor fire.
Firefighters said a lit cigarette that was thrown out a car window probably caused the fire. The fire started at the driveway entrance of Badger Canyon Coffee Co. according to reports.
KPD is asking anyone who possibly saw the person who allegedly threw out their cigarette to call 628-0333.