MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Police: Young boy burned while playing with gasoline, lighter

Police: Young boy burned while playing with gasoline, lighter

WALLA WALLA, Wash. - A boy is burned after he and another boy handled gasoline and a lighter.

Officers with the Walla Walla Police Department (WWPD) investigated an incident at 248 Tausick Way Thursday around 4:50 p.m. which involved an eight and 10-year-old playing with gasoline and a lighter.

Police said the eight-year-old boy was injured by fire and medics took him to St. Mary Medical Center.

The injured boy informed police that the 10-year-old threw gasoline on him and then threw the lighter at him.

The 10-year-old denies this and said the 8-year-old was just standing too close to the fire.

Firefighters also helped extinguish a burning fire near the incident.

Detectives and Child Protective Services are investigating.

Trending