Below is the recipe she followed from Food.com.
Annie added bacon to her 'Bloom' and used a combination of sharp cheddar and pepper jack cheese.
1 loaf sourdough bread, unsliced
12 -16 ounces monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 -2 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup green onion, finely diced
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut the bread lengthwise and widthwise without cutting through the bottom crust. This can be a little tricky going the second way but the bread is very forgiving.
3. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Insert cheese slices between cuts.
5. Combine melted butter, garlic, onion, and poppy seeds. Pour over bread.
6. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet.
7. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
8. Unwrap the bread and bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.