BENTON COUNTY, Wash. - The Benton-Franklin Health District closed the Scooteney Reservoir to all swimmers after finding toxic levels of bacteria in the lake.
Authorities said there is an algae bloom too toxic for small children and animals.
If exposed, symptoms from swimming there could include jaundice, nausea, abdominal pain and a rapid or weak pulse.
These toxins could be fatal to anyone exposed to them.
The toxins should reduce back to safe levels in about a week's time.
However no one should swim in the Scooteney Reservoir until the health district says it's ok.